World AIDS 2020
The current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic has silenced the fight against HIV. Despite everything, we have not given up at any time in the battle against stigma and discrimination, nor in the development of new prevention strategies.
HIV-positive people, today, continue to suffer discrimination and stigmatization, even if the issue is not discussed. It takes everyone’s effort to fight that, through truthful and verified information.
In recent years we have been able to advance in terms of prevention, and same for the quality of life of HIV-positive people. Advances such as the therapeutic vaccine and the preventive vaccine will be a reality sooner rather than later. The approval and circulation of the PReP is already a reality that has been added to the current prevention tools.
Gay Sitges Link, as can be expected, has managed to bring to Sitges the fast, free and confidential test for the early detection of HIV / Syphilis, a remarkable achievement, the result of an intense work from our Health Area and our volunteers. Other test will be available soon, such as Hepatitis C.
In addition, Gay Sitges Link will be crucial to the 3rd phase of the Mosaic study: the first worldwide study of a preventive vaccine against HIV, that is already in the testing phase in humans.
From GSL we urge you not to forget and not to lower your guard. For this reason we propose a full program for December 1st, World AIDS Day.
We had to adapt the program for World AIDS Day 2020. It has changed the format, but not the content, message and energy. Due to the times we are living in, there have been certain restrictions for safety in order to comply with the COVID-19 regulations. Here you have the activities program for this year:
- Exhibition of posters from around the world courtesy of SidaStudi.
- At the Santiago Rusiñol Library, from December 1 to December 30th.
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wednesday: from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Online chat by Doctor José Moltó Marhuenda, specialist doctor and researcher of the HIV unit of the Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol .
- December 1st on our website: you just have to click here.
- Hours: in Castellà at 6:00 p.m., and in English at 7:00 p.m.